In the words of the great Coco Chanel:
“You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty…and irresistible for the rest of your life.”
I look back at my life with deep gratitude and joy and forward with great anticipation and delight!!
Happy Birthday to Me!!
My husband Dan Nixon was inspired by Colleen Campbell’s “Top 10 Tips to Success” to come up with his own list. In his words:
1. Understand the character, competence and work ethics of all your partners or potential partners. If they are not up to your expectations, move on.
2. Loyalty. Never, ever be disloyal, even when things are going bad do not be disloyal to others.
3. Chemistry, team approach. Ensure you work in a all-for-one environment. The team is important, the individual is not.
4. Have a good sense of humour. Try to make each day at work a delight for yourself and your co-workers.
5. Have and use common sense and good judgement.
6. Identify the leadership style of your superiors – do they manage up or down – you can work with it either way. Always, always be supportive and helpful to subordinates and co-workers. Try to help them before going up …
Colleen Campbell is a Vice-Chair of BMO Capital Markets and so much more!! The following are her “Top 10 Tips to Success” which she recently shared at a BMO event and has graciously agreed to share with us. Here goes:
Give more than you take.
Build genuine relationships/don’t just be a networker.
Do the right thing.
Listen to and try to understand the perspective of others.
Time is your most limited resource – outsource where possible.
Don’t try to do it all – delegate as you move up.
Invest in great friendships and take time along the way to do the things you love.
Pick the right partner!
Create the life you want by being focused in the direction of what you want for yourself today and feeling positive about achieving it!!
Spend your precious time making the decisions and choices which will impact your life today and not on regrets about the past!! Regrets will not serve you!!
Forgive yourself for the choices and decisions you made in the past and move forward to create a wonderful life for yourself!!